Join us for a lively interactive meeting at the Wellness Center May 11th at 1:30 PM – Or by Zoom
This will be a combination meeting of live attendance at the Wellness Center and some joining by Zoom. Our guest presenter is Michael Ruiz an Exercise Therapist with the Central East Regional Cardiovascular Rehab program. Michael is not only an Exercise Therapist he is also a Type 2 diabetic. Michael is planning an interactive presentation with lot’s of discussion and questions throughout the meeting. We will all benefit from this discussion whether we are diabetic or not. Here are some of the topics that will be discussed.
- What is diabetes and is there a spectrum of severity?
- What are the factors that lead to onset of Type 2 diabetes?
- Can diabetes be reversed?
- How does it affect heart health?
- Symptoms and actions to take for low sugar and high sugar readings
- How do different types of food aid in the management and control of diabetes and blood sugar in general?
- What is a good diet and what are the dietary no/no’s?
- Does when you eat make a difference?
- How does exercise aid in the management and control of diabetes? What role does strength training play versus aerobic exercise?
- What are the various prescription medications being used? Are there new and emerging medications?
- What are the various technologies that can be used in the management and control of diabetes?
Please register for this meeting so that we can send you a link for the Zoom session. Also please bring a guest that might benefit from this session.